Thursday, November 15, 2007

What is my influence?

I am influenced by the hum of a computer fan, the click of a keyboard, the caw of a bird. I am influenced by the tread of feet, a didactic voice, the peel of laughter, the cracks of anger. I am influenced by a smooth texture, tangled wires, screeching tires. I am influenced by the shoddy shoes I wear, by the air I breath(cool, warm, even smoggy), the auburn leaves, the mud I slug, the wandering bug. I am influenced by an exposed sun, a freezing wind, the quality of a lawn, the quantity of a dawn. I am influenced by the quack of sprinklers, the clack of ducks, the baby's whimper. I am influenced by a stop sign, by a locked door, by an unsmiling feature, or a decorative portrait. I am influenced by a long legged beauty strutting, spreading lust to onlookers. I am influenced by a low fuel light, and a gas station calls. I am influenced by the figures on my paycheck, a gruesome anticipation. I am influenced by fleeting advertisements, glued in my mind. I am influenced by the popcorn I smell, and I feel for movies. I am influenced by the sleep I love, restful or fatigued. I am influenced by the roaring airplane, and the thought of travel. I am influenced by the spoken word, and it is written on my face. I influence and am influenced. That is my existence, and it is yours as well. I feel the influence, godless and human, flowing in me and through me. Do you feel it too?

No comments: