Thursday, January 24, 2008

When I Drink

I drink when I think,
The gears of my mind clink,
But often my thoughts are thrown from the rink,
Even before I can blink,
Then the gamblers' money chinks and plinks,
It is me they seek to sink,
But I float in a sea of ink,
Of the scribe's trade I stink,
Girls say my words look pretty in pink,
But they're just searching for a loving link,
Striding toward adolescence's brink,
To marriage, to wealth, to fame, they slink,
The writer, I, have followed, followed, followed....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh...we'll drink a drink a drink to Lilly the Pink, the Pink, the Pink..the saviour of the human race.For she invented.. medicinal compound.She was efficacious in every case.

Mr Fleers had sticky out ears & it made him awful shy. So they gave him, medicinal compound & now he's learming how to fly!

We'll drink a drink, a drink a drink to Lilly the Pink, the Pink, the Pink.....

The Scaffold circa 1960 (good song to sing along to when you've had a few!)