Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hubris and the Lost Romance

I never bore you,
Ill will or malice,
And you never became,
My golden chalice.

I wanted your love,
To merge with mine,
But left alone,
All passion will pine.

You're tiny but strong,
And sometimes wrong,
And your catty song,
Was depressingly long.

Your brain is large,
But largely fettered,
I hope to meet it,
When it's more weathered.

When you see the world,
With a clearer eye,
I will be waiting,
So please stop by.

My hovel is humble,
And my head does fall,
For the girl who came,
And destroyed my all.

But I wait for your knock,
With despair in my heart,
Because I know we won't meet,
Before you depart.

I give you my luck.
In every endeavor,
Your lovely hand rests,
Upon your life's lever.

You're awful and wonderful,
You're talented and supreme,
It is I that has loved you,
It is I that has dreamed.

I am sad that my lips,
Never fell upon yours,
In a world that is bent,
By lovers and whores.

No comments: