Sunday, December 5, 2010

What I Want

I want us to be an oasis from the grind, a relief from the mundane, a cool drink in the drought, friendly faces amongst antagonists. I hate those who attack the attacked, who oppress the oppressed, who aggravate the aggravated.

We mustn't irritate the wound, but be a soothing balm to its infected anger. I want positivity in place of pain; to exchange relief for desperation, a light-heart for woe. I want them to hold their heads high, to return home smiling, to make intelligent contentment contagious.

This is what I want; this is why I react. Because I believe in community, because I resent the disjointed selfishness pouring into the muddy pool of negative human interaction, the weight of economic transactions, of the egomaniacal self-made man myth.

I'm tired of irrational negativity, tired of pushing blame onto the blameless, sorrow upon the innocent. I demand intelligence; I hate all ignorance: systematized, compartmentalized, unrealized.

No comments: