Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Old and New

My current wallet is in dire straits. The leather is torn, the seams are loose. Its youth has been unraveled by wear and tear. Yet there’s something about purchasing a wallet which strikes me strangely. Taking money out of my current money holder and giving it away in order to receive a new money holder absolutely baffles my logic. Wallets are expensive. I empty my old wallet in order to obtain…an empty new wallet? It’s clear that I need a wallet to keep my cards and money organized so that I am better able to buy things. How else do stores expect the consumer to consume? Stores should equip everybody with wallets free of charge. The consumer will have a safe, reliable place to pool his money, and the stores will have happy, organized customers secure in their affairs and ready to splurge on the things that count. Doesn’t that make sense?

No comments: