Monday, January 25, 2010

Fragile Melody

It is a fragile melody that walks nervously, barefoot on the loose sand, whose balance is at stake. Fragile is its humanity, fragile is its wit. It is fragile in its authentic composure. The melody must be out-poured or it breaks with purpose and repeats itself.

It is a fragile melody that takes residence in the pit of sensitive stomachs. It gnaws at the liner as anxiety hatches. It is our fragile fingers that twitch unconsciously, tap-tapping on oak tables in faceless libraries. We are melodious in the most silent spots.

It is a fragile melody that smiles sadly on quiet evenings, when the world is at rest and countries' flags lay limp. They are motionless symbols that speak to meditative hearts. For the trained organ can detect fragility's subtle sounds.

It is a fragile melody that increases mysteriously as I yearn toward dizzy heights--toward dizzy heights where concerns are dead, where harmony's wispy deity dances daintily. Intricate designs unravel the louder it grows. I can feel the room sway when my fragile head is given wings.

It is a fragile melody's mystique that fascinates poets. Inspiration's auditory illuminations arise from its genius.

It is a fragile melody that plays for the faithful deceased. It will play for me when I'm rolling toward my grave. It will play for my loved ones when I lay in meaningful silence. But will there be anyone fragile enough to stop and listen; to hear its song in a world that has grown thick?

No comments: