Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Guard Against the Brick

The collective and desperate desire,
Of the commonwealth.

The symbiotic attachment of the mass,
As it cleaves to an ideal.

They reverberate around the room,
Unseen but felt.

The self-hypnosis of spiritualism,
Is absorbed by our willing minds.

We wish for normality,
But must deal with disease.

I believe in fellowship.
I believe in goodwill.
I believe in faith.

I believe in a stranger's heartbeat,
Felt in the hollows of my palm,
As we clasp hands in union.

They are the products of a shared hope,
And create the magic,
That we need,
To combat a terrible evil.

My power grows,
With each passing day.

My sanity is strengthened,
With each passing day.

But my resolve remains,
A stained window,
That must be guarded,
Against the brick.



No comments: