Friday, February 12, 2010

My Negatives

This is a list of imperfections I have found in myself to date. As time marches, the list will be modified as I address my flaws and divine new ones. This list was made for the purposes of self-improvement. I have tried to be as honest as possible with myself and hope to grow accordingly.

1) I am an alcoholic.

2) I set standards for people that no one, including myself, can possibly meet.

3) I push away everyone that loves me, then feel sorry for myself when I am lonely.

4) My sexual experiences have been unsatisfactory because they occur infrequently and because I have been too drunk to cherish any of them.

5) I am an escapist by nature. I throw myself toward anything or anyone that can divert my attentions.

6) Sometimes I am overly confrontational. At other times, I shy away from it.

7) I am often arrogant to the point of intolerance.

8) I play video games too much.

9) I am overly critical of my own as well as others' actions.

10) I find it difficult to apologize, even when the fault is mine.

11) I have dandruff.

12) I am dissatisfied with society but am too jaded to do anything about it.

13) I am one to hold a grudge.

14) I have ascetic tendencies.

15) I take too much pride in my own intelligence.

16) I never read contemporary authors, always sticking to the 'classics.'

17) I let minor things irritate me.

18) I place too much stock in other people's appearance.

No comments: