Monday, February 1, 2010

My Universe

Why do you sigh, Universe?
Your icy breath scatters my stars,
And upsets my sense of time.

Your motherly chest is hollow,
What once was robust is now concaved,
And I am afraid for the future.

You are standing slumped,
I can feel your dejection,
You look tired, Universe.

But you can't rest yet,
You mustn't collapse now,
I still have many questions.

I hear your sigh, Universe,
Yet you are hardly of age,
And your flesh is ever renewing.



Come and take me by the hand,
And I will stroke your troubled face,
And divine the dire terrors,
That shine from your bottomless eyes.

It is time for me,
To undertake the burdens,
That cause you such distress,
That whip your wounded harmony red.

Now your blood flows coldly,
As you shut the rolling windows,
That shrink from your gaunt face,
While your fainting heart beats less.

My poor, poor Universe,
Your confession has cost you dearly,
But your death smile projects peace,
Onto your frame's beaten brow.

And as you dissipate,
You gracelessly untether,
Those loving knots,
That once bound me to you.

No comments: